Link 2 – So Good At Being In Trouble Score
Key: Verses are in D Major / Pre-Chorus + Chorus in C Major
Total Bars: 93
Time Sig: 4/4
– Lo-fi bedroom feel. Everything is fairly small. Almost mono.
– Sparse arrangement
– Vocals are enveloped in the mix.
– It sounds like the drums have been programmed or it could be a loop. To add interest the drum are automated by a HPF.
– To add movement the hi-hat slowly becomes more prominent in the mix
– The vocals are doubled and extend wider in the chorus
– Great use of 7th chords, the rhythm guitar chord are plucked with fingers like piano chords
– The verses are in D Major and the Pre-Chorus and Chorus are in C Major. Uses the A major chord to get back to the key of D (V chord in the key of D).
– Exotic sounding scale in the outro
– Instrumentation doesn’t change much
– Delay on the lead vox in Verse 2
– The movement is coming from the bass
– The bass and vocal melodies complement each other nicely
– Octave bass and guitar for main riff
Two main hooks
1) bass/guitar riff between sections. Pulls you in straight away.
2) chorus vocal line
– Electruc Gtr rhythm (plucked chords)
– Lead Vox
– Electric Gtr Lead